All forms have one RE class each week: The Text Book in Forms 2 to 4 is A Question of Faith (EDCO)
Form Primary: An Introduction to the New Testament
- The Gospel writers.
- The Parables
- The Miracles
- Some People Jesus knew
Form 1: Foundations of Religion : Christianity (Section B)
- Context of Jesus Birth
- Evidence about Jesus
- The person and preaching of Jesus
- The death and Resurrection of Jesus
- Faith inChrist
Form 2: The Question of Faith (Section D)
- The situation of Faith today
- The beginning of Faith
- The Growth of Faith
- The Experience of Faith
- The Challenges of Faith
- +An outline of St Paul his travel and his message (The Acts of the Apostles)
Form 3: The Old Testament and the Celebration of Faith (Section E)
- The World of ritual.
- ExperiencingWorship, Sign and Symbol
- Worship as a Response to Mystery.
- +OT studies of The Patriarchs, The Exodus, The Judges, The Kings, The Prophets.
Form 4: The Moral Challenge ' Christianity in Society (Section F)
- Morality an introduction / Its sources / Growing in morality / Religious Morality in Action / Religious Morality and State Law.
- The Home ' family, friends [boy/girl], relationships, marriage, abortion, work, leisure.
- Society ' the elderly [euthanasia/hospice], the disabled, alcohol, drugs, the law [crime, punishment]
- The World ' population, rich and poor, food and water, disasters, human rights, war and peace, refugees, racism, pollution and conservation
Form 5: Appreciation of the beginnings of 'Religion'.
- World Religions: ' a sample of some of the major religions.
- Issues: current issues as they arise ' abortion, life, death, alcohol, drugs.
- Morality and ethics: relationships: right and wrong, forgiveness etc'.
Form 6: The basic questions of life.
- Where have I come from?
- What am I doing here?
- Where am I going to?
- Answers from Science, Philosophy, Religion, Christianity
- World experts in the fields are referred to.
- Video/DVD literature (library) and debate are used.
- The Bible.