Photographed is Arthur Moffitt accepting the shield on behalf of his team after their win over Sandford Park last Wednesday. Scoreless at half time, Freddie Morris latched on to a through ball behind the defence to pick up and score under the posts. Peter Quigley added all the rest of the points in their 10-0 success.
Later in the afternoon the senior boys' hockey team scored a notable success in the trophy final win over Kilkenny College. Buoyed by vocal support from a large contingent of Columbans, the team led by two goals from Ross Canning and Pascal Dillenberger at half time . Kilkenny fought back in the second half but the seniors ran out 3-2 winners in the end, Ross Caning scoring a second penalty corner.
The senior rugby team were less fortunate as they were beaten 7-35 in the semi final of their league by Castleknock yesterday.
There remains some basketball matches to be completed in the remaining days of the term which will decide the destination of their leagues.
More Sports News
- 07.12.2015 Clay Pigeon Shooting
- 02.06.2015 Tattersalls International Three Day Event
- 24.05.2015 Sports Day and Dinner
- 11.05.2015 Polocrosse
- 19.03.2015 Boys' hockey
- 12.02.2015 Basketball News
- 17.01.2015 Cricket at St Columba's College
- 29.11.2014 Basketball News
- 20.11.2014 Rugby News - SCT Reach League Semi Final
- 10.11.2014 Latest Rugby News