Congratulations to William Zitzmann who recently participated in a national competition 'Design a Nano Home' run by AMBER.
AMBER is an SFI funded centre hosted by CRANN in Trinity College. The centre provides a partnership between leading researchers in material science and industry to develop new materials and medical devices based on nanoscience. Nanoscience is the study of materials on the nanoscale or 100,000 times smaller than a single human hair. It is leading to the revolution of materials and manufacturing, with applications across a range of industries including energy, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, technology and bioengineering.
For the competition pupils had to design a room inspired by nanoscience. William's creative and detailed entry earned him third place in the competition. Well done!
More Academic News
- 17.05.2017 Victorious Cansat Team Prepare for Europe
- 11.05.2017 Form Prizes 2016-17
- 09.05.2017 Transition Year Academic Prize 2017
- 23.03.2017 CanSat project
- 09.03.2017 Proverbs in Irish
- 06.03.2017 Vacancies for Teachers
- 14.12.2016 TY History
- 03.10.2016 Patrick Kavanagh Poetry Awards
- 20.09.2016 Junior Certificate results
- 13.09.2016 Leaving Certificate Class of 2016