Congratulations to William Zitzmann who recently participated in a national competition 'Design a Nano Home' run by AMBER.
AMBER is an SFI funded centre hosted by CRANN in Trinity College. The centre provides a partnership between leading researchers in material science and industry to develop new materials and medical devices based on nanoscience. Nanoscience is the study of materials on the nanoscale or 100,000 times smaller than a single human hair. It is leading to the revolution of materials and manufacturing, with applications across a range of industries including energy, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, technology and bioengineering.
For the competition pupils had to design a room inspired by nanoscience. William's creative and detailed entry earned him third place in the competition. Well done!
More Academic News
- 14.12.2016 TY History
- 03.10.2016 Patrick Kavanagh Poetry Awards
- 20.09.2016 Junior Certificate results
- 13.09.2016 Leaving Certificate Class of 2016
- 17.08.2016 Leaving Certificate results 2016
- 03.06.2016 Transition Year awards
- 25.05.2016 TY Modern Languages evening
- 11.05.2016 TY Academic Prize evening
- 29.04.2016 National Scratch Competition
- 27.04.2016 Form Prizes 2015-2016