Mental Health Awareness Week 2017
We are delighted to annouce details of St. Columba's College's second Mental Health Awareness Week, beginning next Monday February 13th 2017. We have a jam-packed programme of events, centred around the theme 'Mind You Mind'. Pupils and staff will get an opportunity to participate in a variety of activities including yoga, mindfulness, stress management workshops, sound baths (well worth a Google), movie nights (with a positive mental health message of course), a fun run and a phone free day. We also have some visiting speakers including Joseph Dixon from the Cycle Against Suicide - a fastastic chariable organisation who raise funds and awareness in the area of suicide prevention. The school will also participate in their #SchoolsGoOrange awareness day, where pupils and staff will be invited to wear orange instead of their normal school uniform.
We hope that our Mental Health Awareness Week will help everyone in the school community realise that it's ok to not feel ok but to seek help when needed. Follow the College Twitter feed for photos and updates of the week's events. To see the full programme of events click here.
More General News
- 05.06.2017 Voices of Poetry
- 02.06.2017 College Prefects 2017-2018
- 27.05.2017 Alex Panayotou
- 26.05.2017 Warden's Thoughts 13
- 26.05.2017 Confirmation 2017
- 15.05.2017 Open Evening, Thursday 18 May
- 15.05.2017 TY Walk
- 13.05.2017 Transition Year Careers Morning
- 06.05.2017 Form I Scientists Win Salters Festival of Chemistry in Trinity College
- 06.05.2017 China Trip 2018