Leaving Certificate results 2016
Many congratulations to our Leaving Certificate candidates, who this morning received their results, achieving a new College record of an average of 473 points (one more than last year's record). Two pupils received the maximum 625 points.
Our annual summary of the past five years' results is here.
These results results are outstanding. The average points score per candidate across all papers taken at all levels is a most impressive 473 points. This beats the previous record of 472 set last year. Overall, only two subject papers – out of 448 – failed to be awarded a pass grade and this is a remarkable achievement. It is also worth noting that 44% of all candidates achieved 500+ points, with 77% achieving 400+ points and 95% achieving 300+ points. The range of scores achieved by our candidates this year was from 140 points up to the maximum of 625 points.
Very well done to all, and of course to their teachers. We wish our leavers the very best in their future academic and professional careers.
More Academic News
- 14.12.2016 TY History
- 03.10.2016 Patrick Kavanagh Poetry Awards
- 20.09.2016 Junior Certificate results
- 13.09.2016 Leaving Certificate Class of 2016
- 03.06.2016 Transition Year awards
- 25.05.2016 TY Modern Languages evening
- 12.05.2016 Nanoscience Competition
- 11.05.2016 TY Academic Prize evening
- 29.04.2016 National Scratch Competition
- 27.04.2016 Form Prizes 2015-2016