First Form Public Speaking Competition
The annual First Form public speaking competition took place today, and Ms Smith writes:
"We are grateful to Cathy Boobbyer who judged this year's speeches. Eight courageous finalists spoke on topics as various as tropical animals, Syrian refugees, robots, the dangers of gaming, and the importance of failure.
There were four winners: 4th place went to Peter Taylor with his brave speech about Anxiety. In joint 2nd place were Guy Fitzgibbon and Tom Casey. Guy made an arresting address about robot invasions, and Tom Casey spoke about forms of discrimination in our world.
First place went to Emma Hinde for her engaging, carefully constructed speech about artificial intelligence (AI). She certainly made us all think. Something robots could be doing very soon... "
More General News
- 04.03.2017 Dr Justyna Pyz
- 28.02.2017 Warden's Thoughts 10
- 16.02.2017 Pupil Report - London Tour 2016
- 14.02.2017 Warden's Thoughts 9
- 09.02.2017 Mental Health Awareness Week 2017
- 31.01.2017 Jimmy O'Connor
- 27.01.2017 'Phil Speaks'
- 26.01.2017 Ciara Gumsheimer
- 26.01.2017 Debating final
- 24.01.2017 Warden's Thoughts 8