First Form Public Speaking Competition
The annual First Form public speaking competition took place today, and Ms Smith writes:
"We are grateful to Cathy Boobbyer who judged this year's speeches. Eight courageous finalists spoke on topics as various as tropical animals, Syrian refugees, robots, the dangers of gaming, and the importance of failure.
There were four winners: 4th place went to Peter Taylor with his brave speech about Anxiety. In joint 2nd place were Guy Fitzgibbon and Tom Casey. Guy made an arresting address about robot invasions, and Tom Casey spoke about forms of discrimination in our world.
First place went to Emma Hinde for her engaging, carefully constructed speech about artificial intelligence (AI). She certainly made us all think. Something robots could be doing very soon... "
More General News
- 05.06.2017 Voices of Poetry
- 02.06.2017 College Prefects 2017-2018
- 27.05.2017 Alex Panayotou
- 26.05.2017 Warden's Thoughts 13
- 26.05.2017 Confirmation 2017
- 15.05.2017 Open Evening, Thursday 18 May
- 15.05.2017 TY Walk
- 13.05.2017 Transition Year Careers Morning
- 06.05.2017 Form I Scientists Win Salters Festival of Chemistry in Trinity College
- 06.05.2017 China Trip 2018