Exhibition of Art by Old Columbans
It is with great pleasure and considerable pride that the College hosts an exhibition of art by Old Columbans this Thursday and Friday, 27th and 28th October. The exhibition, at which many works of art will be on sale, will be opened by Shane Ross TD. There is a wine reception on each evening and the paintings, sculpture and photographs will be on view from 6 to 8pm. Entry is free and it is hoped that many will come to celebrate the achievements of Columban art and artists over the years. Some of the proceeds will be donated to the Laura Lynn Foundation and some to restoring valuable artworks within the College.
Art, in all its forms, continues to flourish in St.Columba's. There are many prizes for art and there is a major exhibition of pupils' art in the Hilary term, the Art, Craft and Photography Exhibition (24th March next year) at which the Earl of Meath prizes for Art are awarded. Much of the work done daily in the art room can be viewed on the art department blog) which is maintained by the art teachers at the College, Ms Derarca Cullen and Mr Peter Watts.
Those Old Columbans whose works are on view are:
Simon de Courcy Wheeler
Heather M. Haythornthwaite
Richard Caulfied Orpen
Stephen Wall Morris
More General News
- 14.02.2017 Warden's Thoughts 9
- 09.02.2017 Mental Health Awareness Week 2017
- 31.01.2017 Jimmy O'Connor
- 27.01.2017 'Phil Speaks'
- 26.01.2017 Ciara Gumsheimer
- 26.01.2017 Debating final
- 24.01.2017 First Form Public Speaking Competition
- 24.01.2017 Warden's Thoughts 8
- 20.01.2017 Marshall Viscount Beresford's silver
- 18.01.2017 The Submarine, January 2017