Dr Justyna Pyz
We congratulate wholeheartedly our colleague Justyna Pyz on being awarded her doctorate earlier this year. Justyna has been awarded a Doctorate in Anthropology from the Jagiellonian University in Kraków. Her thesis is entitled "Beginnings of accommodation in India. Mission in Madurai 1606-1656" It's about Roberto de Nobili, an Italian Jesuit missionary in India. He was a precursor of inter-religious and inter-cultural dialogue and the first European to learn Sanskrit and read the sacred scriptures of the Vedas.
Justyna is assistant housemistress in Iona house and married to Mr Michael O'Shaughnessy.
More General News
- 28.02.2017 Warden's Thoughts 10
- 16.02.2017 Pupil Report - London Tour 2016
- 14.02.2017 Warden's Thoughts 9
- 09.02.2017 Mental Health Awareness Week 2017
- 31.01.2017 Jimmy O'Connor
- 27.01.2017 'Phil Speaks'
- 26.01.2017 Ciara Gumsheimer
- 26.01.2017 Debating final
- 24.01.2017 First Form Public Speaking Competition
- 24.01.2017 Warden's Thoughts 8